Against Violence; Human Rights Center (AVHRC)
“Against Violence” Human Rights Center is non-profit, non-governmental organization in activity of monitoring, research and enlightenment for establishment civil society, development its public institutions and protection of human rights.
The Center was established on June 2002. First action of the center was the research on “Nardaran events” happened on June 3, 2002, protection of rights of the residents. The Center held monitoring on violation of Freedom of Free Gathering and violence cases at this time, violence, torture and other violations of human rights, international and internal legal, legal procedural norms during campaign of presidential elections held on October 15, 2003 and after elections.
General fields of activity of the Center:
· Protection of Civil and Political Rights, activity on realizing of claims of the “Covenant on Civil and Political Rights”
· Monitoring of cases of violence and torture, campaign activity on ending of such tradition
· Activity against terror and discrimination
· Searching ways for non violence solving of conflicts
· Protection of rights of disable people and children
· Special protection of the rights of refugees subjected to violence
· Rehabilitation of the victims of human trade
· Legal enlightenment
AVHRC gets facts on human rights violations from first hand