National Assembly of Youth Organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan (NAYORA)
National Assembly of Youth Organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan / NAYORA
• is a main youth work institution.
• is only coordinating body of Azerbaijani Youth.
• is cooperation center.
• combines the authoritative entities of the country.
• commits the connections and develops it with the youth organizations from the leading states.
NAYORA was created by 12 youth organizations on November 21st, 1995 and registered by the Ministry of Justice on January 31st, 1996. Currently NAYORA has 58 member organizations.
• Coordination of work of youth organizations.
• Attainment of solidarity among the youth in the questions of national importance.
• Representation of member organizations at the national and international levels.
• Assistance in creation and development of the youth NGO’s and encouragement of young people to have active participation in the democratic processes in Azerbaijan.
• Solutions of problems of young people and protection of their rights.
• Creation of favorable conditions of the creative young people of Azerbaijan.
• Promotion of a good cooperation with international youth structures and other organizations abroad.
• Improvement well-being of the Azerbaijan population.
Structure of the NAYORA
1. General Assembly
Is a supreme body of NAYORA which plenary meets once a year and consists of three representatives from each member-organization. General Assembly accepts the Charter; makes amendments and additions to the Charter; confirms the composition of the Board and the decision of the Board and on accepting or expelling of the members; elects the Chairman, Control Revision Commission; determines the main directions of the activity of NAYORA.
Bureau consists of:
• Chairman of the NAYORA
• Deputy Chairman of the NAYORA (in case of existence)
• Chairman of the Board
• Secretary General
• Chairman of the Control Revision Commission ( has no right to vote )
Bureau meets at least two times in a month, confirms dates, agendas of Board meetings taking into consideration of proposals coming from member organizations.
• On the 7th General Assembly that was held on February 22nd, 2003 Akram Abdullayev was elected a Chairman of NAYORA.
Chairperson provides realization of decisions made by General Assembly and Board, represents NAYORA, signs protocols, agreements on behalf of NAYORA, leading financial operations of NAYORA.
• On the 7th General Assembly that was held on February 22nd, 2003 Nuratdin Mehtiyev was elected a Chairman of the Board NAYORA.
Board is the decision making body which leads the affairs of NAYORA between meetings of the General Assembly and consists of one representative from each member organization. The Board takes decisions, regulating the current activity of the NAYORA, accepts new members; elects Chairman of the Board; confirms Secretary General and Deputy Secretary General on the basis of recommendation by Chairman of the NAYORA. The Board meets at least once in month.
Different commissions on different affairs could be established within Board.
• On the 7th General Assembly that was held on February 22nd, 2003 Fuad Muradov was elected as a Secretary General of NAYORA.
Mr. Fuad Muradov - Secretary General
Mr. Jeyhun Osmanli – Deputy Secretary General
Ms. Sevinj Mesiyeva – Social and Humanitarian Affairs Department
Mr. Heydar Atayev – Public Relations and Information Department
Mr. Rustam Abdullayev - Projects Development
Mr. Orkhan Mammadly – Foreign Relations Department
Mr. Elchin Zeynally – Fundraising Department
Mr. Polad Baxshiyev –Department for Technical and organizational issues
Mr. Heydar Rahimov - Regional Affairs Department
6. Control Revision Commission
• Control Revision Commission is responsible for controlling the follow-up Charter.
• Control Revision Commission consists of five persons elected by the General Assembly.
• The members of the Control Revision Commission elect their Chairman among themselves.
Foreign Relations of NAYORA
• Since 1997 - NAYORA is the full member of the World Union of Turkish Youth.
• 1997-2000 – NAYORA was the associated member of the European Youth Forum.
• Since 2000 – NAYORA is the full member of the European Youth Forum.
• Since 2002 – NAYORA has Consultative Status in United Nations ECOSOC.
European Youth Forum
• 2000-2002 NAYORA member Mazahir Afandiyev elected to the membership of Financial Control Commission of the European Youth Forum.
• 2000-2002 NAYORA member Vugar Yagubov elected to the membership of the Advisory Council on Youth and Programming Committee on Youth of the Council of Europe
• 2002-2003 NAYORA member Vugar Yagubov elected to the membership of the Advisory C