Post Title : Counsellor (Durable Solutions)
Duration : 1 year, (possible renewable)
Duties and Responsibilities
The Counsellor will have a dual
reporting line to UMCOR (Head of Mission) and UNHCR (Snr. Protection Officer).
- To interview refugees and persons of concern to know their protection
needs and determine appropriate settlement solution suitable for their needs.
- The main focus of the duties and responsibilities are:
- Voluntary repatriation
- Local integration
Qualifications and Experience:
- Able to establish good relationship with refugees and persons of concern
in order to encourage them disclose their needs.
- Demonstrates ability to provide helpful advice and guidance to refugees on
appropriate durable solutions. Provides useful information to Afghans
regarding voluntary repatriation and situation in Afghanistan.
- Is well aware of UNHCR policies to direct refugees and to forward
information obtained to the right units/services in order to find appropriate
solutions to their needs.
- Able to absorb as much information as necessary from UNHCR staff on their
scope of work with the aim to provide firsthand and clear information to
refugees to avoid mis-information and frustration.
- Capable of organizing well-managed counselling processes, to ensure
accurate reporting on needs of the persons of concern, especially the most
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in legal, social or other relevant subject
and 1 year of working experience in humanitarian field.
- Practical experience from working on issues related to international
protection of refugees and asylum seekers and of relevant issues in
Azerbaijan/ regional context.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Access).
- Fluent in spoken Farsi.
- Fluent in spoken and written Azeri and Russian, and English.
Ability to prepare written reports
and conduct interviews in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrate flexibility
and good knowledge of issues related to international protection and refugee
issues in order to communicate easily with refugees, embassies, NGOs, etc.
Ability to work in a multiracial environment.
For those who have
already applied please do not re-submit CV. Only applicants who have all three
of the following language abilities will be considered: English, Farsi, and
Russian. Women are encouraged to apply.
CV should be emailed by December 05,
2003 to: Office@umcor.baku.az