Title: Counsellor (Durable Solutions)|
CV should be emailed by November 14, 2003 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to
30 Bul-Bul ave., apt 62
Post Title: Counsellor (Durable Solutions)
Duties and Responsibilities
- To interview refugees and persons of concern to know their protection needs
and determine appropriate permanent solution suitable for their needs.
- The main focus of the duties and responsibilities are:
- Voluntary repatriation
- Resettlement. Local integration
The Counsellor will have a dual reporting line to UMCOR (Head of Office) and
UNHCR (Snr. Protection Officer).
- Able to establish good relationship with refugees and persons of concern
in order to encourage them disclose their needs.
- Demonstrates ability to provide helpful advice and guidance to refugees
on appropriate durable solutions. Provides useful information to Afghans regarding
voluntary repatriation and situation in Afghanistan.
- Is well aware of UNHCR policies to direct refugees and to forward information
obtained to the right units/services in order to find appropriate solutions
to their needs
- Able to absorb as much information as necessary from UNHCR staff on their
scope of work with the aim to provide firsthand and clear information to refugees
to avoid mis-information and frustration.
- Capable of organizing well-managed counselling processes, to ensure accurate
reporting on needs of the persons of concern, especially the most vulnerable
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in legal, social or other relevant subject
and 1 year of working experience in humanitarian assistance.
- Practical experience from working on issues related to international protection
of refugees and asylum seekers and of relevant issues in Azerbaijan/ regional
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Access).
- Fluent in spoken and written Azeri and Russian; good spoken and written
English (Good spoken Farsi essential).
Ability to prepare written reports and conduct interviews in a clear and concise
manner. Demonstrate flexibility and good knowledge of issues related to international
protection and refugee issues in order to communicate easily with refugees,
embassies, NGOs, etc. Ability to work in a multiracial environment.