Ganja Agribusiness Association (GABA), located in Ganja, Azerbaijan, is a national non-governmental organization whose mission is to promote sustainable development of the country’s agrarian sector through human potential development, knowledge and resource transfer.
GABA is seeking experts, male or female, for the Greenhouse and Open-field Vegetable Expert position of the Smart Azerbaijani Farm project implemented by GABA:
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- University degree in Agriculture, Food Technology or similar;
- 4 years work experience in a similar field an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Azerbaijani. Russian is an asset;
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools;
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in corporate teaching;
- Proficient in MS Office (esp. Power point); e-learning software is an asset;
- Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills for a wide audience of stakeholders;
- Organizational and time management abilities;
- Experience in conducting trainings, workshops and developing training modules and curriculums is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Responsible for providing consultancy on greenhouse and open field growing for capacity building and detailed coordination between value chain actors for vegetables;
- In charge of organizing trainings and providing support to vegetable growers;
- Assist producer associations, open field vegetable growers, and greenhouse owners to establish the SAF model;
- Responsible for development of training modules and curriculums on vegetable growing;
- Participation in meetings with communities in target regions;
- Participation on formation process of relevant producers groups;
- Collaborate with the technical team to identify training needs of smallholder producers, community groups and service providers;
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites located in the target regions, to provide hands-on technical assistance.
This is full-time position with a duty station in Ganja-Gazakh and a selected candidates will be hired as soon as possible.
If you have all the necessary qualifications and the ability to take over the designed tasks, please send your CV to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line indicating the position you are applying for, or bring/send the documents in a sealed envelope to the addresses below:
Ganja Agribusiness Association
JavadKhan 19,Ganja, Azerbaijan. AZ2000
Office: +994 22 256 94 00 Mobile: +994 77 477 00 70
Deadline for receiving CVs: June 31, 2017
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information, please consult the GABA website: www.gaba.az