School of Public and International Affairs: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
The School of Public and International Affairs at ADA University is hiring a faculty member. We are seeking dynamic, energetic, and entrepreneurial scholars who have a desire to work collaboratively across disciplinary lines while conducting cutting-edge research. Salary is contingent upon qualifications and the hired faculty member is expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students;
- The teaching workload is 6 courses per academic year (10 months);
- Conduct research, obtain external grants, and publish scholarly articles in peer-reviewed journals;
- Provide exemplary service to the university and community.
- A Ph.D. in Political Science or related fields from an accredited institution;
- Experience in conducting funded research, and publications in major reputed peer reviewed journals;
- Strong academic background and interest in any subfield of education or a related sphere;
- Demonstrated ability to publish in internationally- recognized peer- reviewed outlets;
- Strong commitment to serving university and society;
- The successful candidate is expected to be eligible for appointment as a term faculty and, therefore, have a distinguished record of scholarly achievement.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience at an accredited institution especially at the collegiate level is also required.
- For the appointment to the rank of associate or full professor, the highest level of accomplishment in teaching and research, and several years of faculty experience are required.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to email@example.com specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is March 25, 2018. Appointments begin September 1, 2018. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az.