TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser
DURATION: 06 March 2017 till 15 February 2018
Administrative Assistant to Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) in the EU funded Twinning Project “Support to the Strengthening of the Commissioner for Human Rights (Ombudsman) of the Republic of Azerbaijan” between Germany (Federal Foreign Office) together with Polish Human Rights Defender in Azerbaijan.
The RTA supervises the project implementation and coordinates all project activities in Baku and he is located in an office at the premises of the Commissioner for Human Rights (Ombudsman) of the Republic of Azerbaijan (Government House). German International Cooperation (GIZ), which is supporting the German Federal Foreign Office in the implementation of the project, will be the contracting institution to the RTA Administrative Assistant.
The overall objective of this Twinning Project is to contribute to promote independent, national, non-judicial mechanisms for the protection of Human Rights in the Republic of Azerbaijan. In this respect, the project supports the capacity of the Ombudsman Institution and its regional centres to ensure the implementation of its mandate related to the National Preventive Mechanism, rights of child, rights of persons with disabilities, human rights of older people and right to access to information.
Under the close supervision and guidance of the RTA and in cooperation with the responsible counterpart in the Ombudsman Office, the RTA Assistant will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Develop and maintain close working contacts and relations with Azerbaijani partners involved in the Twinning Project, other beneficiary organizations and the Project Leaders;
- General support to the RTA in terms of administrative assistance, office management, correspondence, record keeping and filing, bookkeeping and accounting, etc.;
- Logistical organization of conferences, training sessions, workshops, meetings, expert missions and study visits of Azerbaijani and foreign experts;
- Help to arrange contacts or meetings; attend meetings and draft and disseminate minutes;
- Interpret occasionally during workshops, meeting and seminars or other oral conversations from Azerbaijani into English and vice versa;
- Draft written materials in relation to the project in Azerbaijani and English language;
- Elaborate mission programmes and schedules for Short Term Experts in consultation with the RTA; drafting of other written materials in relation to the project in local language and English;
- Translation of documents from Azerbaijani into English and vice versa – in coordination with language assistant
- Assist the RTA and the Short Term Experts in matters related to language problems due to being and working in a foreign country;
- Assist the RTA in identifying, contracting and monitoring translation and interpretation services;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by RTA.
- University degree (Master would be an advantage), preferably in the field of Law or Economics;
- At least three years professional experience in relevant field/sector;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Fluency in Azerbaijani and English languages (both oral and written), knowledge of German would be an asset;
- Previous working experience in international or EU projects (preferably Twinning) or organizations would be an advantage;
- Preferably knowledge of EU structures and terminology;
- Excellent knowledge of office applications (e.g. MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point, etc.) and internet browsers;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations and to work in a team;
- Organizational and analytical skills and initiative;
- Flexibility to travel, if necessary, within the Azerbaijan and Europe.
The applicant may not be (or have been in the past 6 months) a civil servant or agent of the beneficiary administration nor be on leave from the beneficiary to take up the position.
Qualified candidates are kindly asked to send their applications by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application in English language should include a letter of intention, a CV with detailed description of your professional experience and education and copies of supporting documents (university diploma(s), reference letters and certificates). The selected applicants will be invited to an interview following the evaluation of application letters and CVs. Please pay attention that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 21.02.2017