GIZ Project: Support to civil service training capacities with a focus on EU affairs
Job title: Junior Advisor
Employer: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH/ German International Cooperation
Duty Station: Baku
Duration: September 2015 – March 2016
On behalf of the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) the GIZ project “Support to civil service training capacities with a focus on EU affairs” seeks to strengthen the capacities of the Civil Service Commission under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (CSC) with regard to management and coordination of civil servants training and professional development function across state bodies and leading the development and implementation of training strategy and training policies. The implementation period of the project ends in March 2016.
The action’s two specific objectives are (i) to support the development of the national civil service training strategy and its implementation (monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and training of the HRM/HRD staff of state bodies) and (ii) to strengthen the capacities of the Civil Service Commission to deliver regular training through providing support to the development of standard training modules for priority crosscutting areas supporting the adaptation of state bodies to the European standards.
The project does on an everyday basis closely coordinate all its activities with the CSC as well as with UNDP who is implementing a related project with the CSC.
The junior advisor supports the project manager in the technical, content-related and organizational implementation of the project. He/ She may be assigned individual tasks related to project administration and project implementation. With the approval of the project manager, the junior advisor works on implementation of activities and conceptual design. He/ She is also actively involved in knowledge management for the project and may be assigned to carry out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of projects.
He/ She will be actively involved in the coordination of project activities, especially trainings for civil servants in Baku and in the regions. This may require traveling within Azerbaijan.
- Main tasks of the junior advisor
- Coordination and monitoring
- supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results
- assists with recording and documenting the results of all activities
- assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities
- assists with PR work for the project
- assists short-term experts assigned to project in completing their tasks
- Research and knowledge management
- assists in analysing, communicating, updating and collecting information on project-relevant topics
- organises and updates project documentation
- Other duties/additional tasks
- assists in drawing up reports and translations
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of project manager
- Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least 1 year of working experience (internships do not count as working experience)
- Working experience in an international organization is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- excellent Azerbaijani language skills is a must as well as very good command of English language
- good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams
- strong reporting and writing skills
Interested candidates can send their complete application to the mentioned address. A complete application has to consist of the following elements:
Interested candidates can send their application to the address below: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only complete applications will be considered! Only short listed candidates will be contacted.